How do I say this ...

It turns out that the event at Fort Ti is for people registered with units only, so we can't go in costume and my "lovely" jacket won't be seen for a while.  I've contacted one unit about joining up for later events, and it seems like most of the events they do (and they do quite a few) are soldiers-only, which is ... not what I'm looking for.  So I'm possibly going to write to several reasonably local groups to ask them about their female civilians - how many of them are there, are any of them unattached to any soldiers, do they have their own meetings?  I could probably ask on the 18th Century Women list, but I get hives at the thought of posting.  :/  That, or mom and I will work on what we can do as sutlers/miniaturists, and then we can basically go wherever we want>

Comments

  1. You're not allowed to dress up as a guest????
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently not. I guess they just want to be in control of all of the clothing, to make sure that nobody comes in with an anachronistic/crappy outfit and gives the wrong impression to the guests? Which I understand, since they're a museum, but it would have been nice if they could just have someone on the door to say yea or nay and send people back to their cars to get changed if they're not accurate enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally register as a civilian with the BAR, it's honestly the best way to get involved for a woman who doesn't want to join a unit! I am doing the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for pointing me there! I'd been having trouble finding a group that was really local, not just general-upstate-New York local, and this should really help. And yeah, their civilian page seems like they're good about that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ca. 1866 Brown Gown - A Close-Up Look

Pride and Prejudice 1995: The Little Things

Hyde Hall Planning: 1830s Chemises